Friday, January 10, 2014

PPF - London Inspiration


The blue sky is trying to peek through the grey clouds this early morning.  As I look out the window gazing upon the row of houses behind our home here in our quaint, little town of Colorado, it reminds me of the darling, cozy homes lined up behind the perfect hotel we stayed at in London this past week for our honeymoon.  Ahhh, I do miss London very much so but am reminded of the many things here back home in which I do love and have missed while away.

Things such as my adorable doggie, beautiful sunsets/sunrises over the majestic mountain peaks, my creative corner and of course - our family and friends here.  Where would we be without them?  :)

So, as I continue to settle back in with the normal chores, etc, please do enjoy another one of my many inspired sketches/paintings from our fabulous three week trip to London.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more wonderful PPF artist, make sure to stop over here.  Happy Friday!
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. Love your sketch of London houses!! I was born in London and lived there until I was 30. The houses are so different than in the USA aren't they? I now live in Baltimore but miss those tiny backyards. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, they are very different! :) I really liked how things were smaller and cozier than what can be found in the US. haha Happy PPF!

      Delete
  2. Those houses are very elegant and your painting does them proud!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful drawings. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. what beautiful paintings and sketches, you have been truly inspired, being love and visiting a new place with the one you love probably had alot to do with that, lol,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors you used for the buildings. Really charming!

    Happy Paint Party Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely inspiration from London!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work, London is always most inspiring. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome home ;o) I love your drawing! Stunning ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful and what a great inspiration! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your houses...these are gorgeous I have an affinity for house sketches anyway.. these are wonderful...so beautiful!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Alex,
    Well, it seems as if I've missed so much !!!! Marriage, honeymoon, LONDON and, a new blog !!
    I am SO pleased for you both and wish you many happy times together.
    ….and,so pleased that you loved London …… it's my favourite city in the world but, then again, I'm biased. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alexandra, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your houses! They look so cosy and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful painting, love free linework and soft color! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sure whoever lives in these houses would be entranced by your beautiful Drawings of them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this is truely a wonderful piece of art. Well done
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig