Sunday, July 12, 2015

Sunday Sketches: Portable JOY


As I was painting these darling fellas above, feelings of happiness and joy oozed from my heart. I was quickly reminded of a quote I had heard awhile ago - "JOY is portable so bring it with you wherever you go".  Think about it. We can take joy wherever we go! Uh huh.

For example, I feel so many feelings of joy in my studio here at home when doodling and painting but that doesn't mean I have to leave it there. At least once a week, I take my studio "on the go" to simply get out for a few hours...and I take that joy with me. The best thing is not only do I feel it but others around me see it, and soon gather around to watch me paint. There's no greater joy than knowing I'm blessings complete strangers by carrying my own joy with me wherever I go.

You can do the same, regardless of what brings you joy. It's truly portable and can be taken anywhere and everywhere you go.  I don't know about you but that is pretty exciting to me. :)

Grab the Sunday Sketches button HERE.
 

Submit your artwork by signing up below with a link to your website/blog.  PLEASE make sure to visit each other! One of the biggest reasons for this co-op is to encourage and lift others up in their creative endeavors as well.  Thank you!

SHARE:

20 comments

  1. My dear Alexandra...thanks for the opportunity to join in the fun....but most of all that's for you Sunday inspiration with your darling mice and the message that Joy is Portable. I'm thrilled you take your Joy with you and share it with all that watch you work... Your smile and humble attitude also brings JOY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sentiment and cute painting to go with it, or should I say 'joyous'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really look forward to Sundays sketching now!! Linking here has given me purpose.... so thank you (oh and much joy!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and meant to say... your dear little mouse and sentiment brings a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What delightful creatures and love the happy vibe of the entire page.Love the protable joy quote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am absolutely loving your little mice and although sometimes it's hard to remember, the sentiment is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful post to start the day:) Never thought about how much joy it would bring to others watching me create though... I always felt pressure when plein air painting and people would stop and watched, never thought that they were just happy to be watching and not critiquing my process. I'm going to keep that in mind the next time I'm out and about and want to stop and sketch / paint something. Thanks for putting a different perspective on that for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your painting this week made me smile! How cute! Loved your post about Joy too. I really need Joy, especially now. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful little 'critters' and definitely joyful ~ Lovely quote and great reminder for me ~

    Happy week ahead to you ~
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love today's message. I did some plein air painting earlier this summer and some people stopped to ask me questions about the paper I was using. It was so much fun to be able to share something that brings me joy. Your work always brings me joy Alexandra. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joy is certainly contagious! And love how you have illustrated the idea of taking joy with you wherever you go. That looks like a fun supply of "crayons" that you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how sweet your illustration and idea is! You are so wonderful at spreading joy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely sentiment! Much better to be spreading joy than negativity...wouldn't the world be a much nicer place if everyone felt the same!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your mice and the message that comes with it :))
    Sooooo cute! :))

    Have a beautiful Sunday!
    Tinna ✐

    PS: Forget about no. 14, that's the old one
    from last week, Mr. Linky grabbed it while
    I was trying to erase it...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great message and such darling illustrations! Happy to be visiting Sunday Sketches and thank you again for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Alexandra, your wonderful blog, your words and the adorable illustrations bring always so much joy to me! Thank you so much for spreading this joy around!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your little joy pictures!! and I see you have tried watercolor crayons...! how fun to try new things. Love your thoughts about Joy... how true, we can take our joy with us at all times. I have a new saying as I am cleaning out things and decluttering at home, if it doesn`t bring me JOY, then get rid of it!!
    I hope you have a great new week! Love your little mice!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. They look wonderful. You have a wonderful talent. Have you though of making a children picture book? Or becoming an illustrator? Because are great.

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig