Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Inktober & New Artistic Tools

Michael and I are giving our hand to Inktober 2017 this year. Each of us have our own personal themes and goals. For me, I'm challenging myself to use a new artistic tool while creating more detail with my woodland creatures. It's slowly coming along....ink smudges, bleeds, and all! Of course, it's only day 2. Ha!

Above are my first two manuscript dip pen sketches. I'm looking forward to seeing how I grow within my illustrations by the end of October as that's when Inktober ends, for those of you who aren't familiar with it.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. As if I needed one more reason for October to be my favorite month. . . the fact that a half dozen of my favorite blogs/artists like Michael and yourself are participating in Inktober is AWESOME! Love the new sketches with the dip pen Alexandra. Is it hard to adjust to something new like that straight away? I recently took to using translucent clay to sculpt small icons to replicate the ancient alabaster look and though it's not entirely different, the way the clay behaves takes a bit of getting used to. Looking forward to watching your month progress!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for joining in :) is the red sweaters to match the red handle?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are a fast learner. The sketches are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so creative - i love your art. I should check in more often.

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig